Antwerp – Artesis University College Antwerp
Dep. Translators & Interpreters
Schildersstraat, 41. B-2000 Antwerpen
Tel: 32.3.240 19 01. Fax: 32.3.248 19 07
Established in 1961
Students: 550 (of which 20 in interpreting)
Three-year undergraduate programme in applied linguistics with a focus on Translation Studies (Bachelor in Toegepaste Taalkunde). Students having obtained the degree in applied linguistics or a similar degree can then start a one-year postgraduate master programme in translation (Master in het Vertalen) or interpreting (Master in het Tolken).
Member of the Association of Universities and University Colleges of Antwerp
Specialization: audiovisual translation, translation of technical and scientific texts, interpreting (including the European Master in Conference Interpreting into Dutch, community interpreting and live subtitling).
Languages: Dutch (mother tongue), English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Chinese. From the second bachelor year, students have the possibility of studying a third language.
CUITI member since 1967. FIT member & member of Belgian Chamber of Translators, Interpreters & Philologists.
Participant in numerous research projects in AVT, technical translation and community interpreting.
Antwerp - Lessius Hogeschool
Ghent University - Faculty of Arts and Philosophy
Translation, Interpreting and Communication
Groot-Brittanniëlaan, 45. B-9000 Gent
Tel: 32.9.33 11 930. Fax: 32.9.33 11 929. E-mail: email@example.com
· Four-year undergraduate programme in translation (master in het vertalen), interpreting (master in het tolken)or multilingual communication (master in de meertalige communicatie).
. One-year postgraduate training in conference interpreting.
Specialization: economics, law, medicine, technical texts, computer science, interpreting, translation.
Languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Turkish.
(November 2013; our thanks to Sonia Vandepitte)
Université de Liège. Département de Langues et Littératures Germaniques
Place Cockerill, 3. B- 4000 Liège
Tel: 32.4.366 5438. Fax: 32.4.366 5721
Students: Between 8 and 25 per year
· One or two-year advanced programme open to students with a first degree.
Specialized translation and literary texts.
Languages: French, Dutch, English, German.
(1994 / 2003)
Mons - EII
- Université de Mons-Hainaut. École d'Interprètes Internationaux (EII)
- 17, avenue du Champ de Mars. B-7000 Mons
- Tel: 32.65.37 36 01 / 37 36 04. Fax: 32.65.37 30 54
- Established 1962
- Students: 900
- · Two-year undergraduate programme leading to diploma of Candidat traducteur (i.e. the first cycle of the Licence).
- · Four-year undergraduate programme leading to degree as a translator (Licencié traducteur) or interpreter (Licencié interprète). Students having obtained either of these degrees can enter the advanced programmes (Maîtrise) organized by the Institut de Linguistique within the same university (see below).
- Specialization: economics, law, sciences, technical texts, interpreting.
- Languages: French, Danish, Dutch, English, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese and Swedish can be chosen as third languages after the Licence).
- CIUTI member since 1969.
Mons - Institut de Linguistique
- Université de Mons-Hainaut. Faculté des sciences psycho-pédagogiques. Institut de Linguistique
- Place du Parc, 20. B-7000 Mons
- Tel: 32.65.37 31 40. Fax: 32.65.37 30 54. E-mail: plusatvm1.umh.ac.be
- Established 1972
- Students: 100
- · One-year advanced programme in translation (Maîtrise en traduction).
- · One-year advanced programme in interpreting (Maîtrise en Interprétation de Conférence).
- Languages: French, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.